The development and evolution of TV sets over the years have seen the thickness of typical TVs reducing with each passing year.
Most of the newer models of TV sport a very thin build, making for a very sleek and desirable look. However, the reduction of size has come at a price, with sound quality bearing the brunt of the negative effects of thin TV bodies.
The thin build typically leaves very little space for the installation of high-quality speakers. As a consequence, the sound quality of even premium TV sets has been diminishing over the years.
With the trend only set to reinforce itself as we move into the future, using auxiliary sound system is proving to be a very attractive option.
The Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System is leading in the TV soundbar, providing users with improved sound quality and clarity. Herein we are going to explore the Bose Solo TV soundbar more detail.
Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System Review
- Dialogue Mode
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Universal remote control
- Fast and easy setup
- A compact and sleek design
The soundbar produces far better sound quality than the vast majority of flat screen TV on the market. Expectedly, it is louder than most TV. More importantly, it produces very clear and discernable sound, especially when the Dialogue Mode is switched on.
Despite packing an immense amount of technology and capability, the soundbar is surprising very compact. The Solo 5 TV measures 3.4X21.5X2.8 inches and weighs just 3.7 pounds.
- This soundbar is packed with advanced sound technology that improves the TV viewing experience. For instance, it comes standard with Bose's Dialogue Mode technology that makes every word stand. Consequently comprehending every TV conversation becomes a breeze when using the Solo 5 TV soundbar.
- The Bose Solo 5 TV sound system comes with Bluetooth technology that allows the placement of the soundbar anywhere. This markedly improves the versatility of the system.
- It also comes with a universal remote control that allows you to control the TV and sound system features, including the bass and Bluetooth connectivity.
- It has a compact size and design, which allows it to be placed in a wide variety of locations.
- Finally, the Solo 5 TV sound system is very easy and fast to setup. It is just a matter of connecting to the TV.
- Users of the Solo TV Sound System have notable that it is unable to project sound over a wide area. This is to mean users with very large TV rooms or when the system is used in a large room, they might find this system inadequate to fill the entire area with ample sound.
- Another pronounced underbelly that this sound system has is the lack of depth of sound. For the most part, the system is amply capable of producing high-quality stereo sound for use. However, bass buffs might find the sound produced as less than stellar. The bar size and dimensions do not allow the installation of ultra high-end speakers with impeccable bass.
- Another element of this bar that has proved to be annoying to many users is the auto-reversal of the setting of the clarity dialog mode. This setting which improves the clarity of the words in a conversation is quite popular with the vast majority of the Bose Solo TV Sound System users. So, for users to have to switch the mode on every time they switch on their TV is a huge bother.
Fortunately, for the most, the cons are not total deal breakers. For the amount and quality of features that the soundbar has, it is a very good deal. The improvement in sound clarity and quality makes every dollar spent well worth it.
As such, if you are looking to improve the quality of experience you get whilst watching your favorite television series, buying the Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar is a very good option.